Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'm Alive!

First off I must apologize for the long delay in blogging. Real life distracted me with some rather scary events. I had to  have surgery to have my thyroid removed removed last week. This left me rather uninspired to do any blogging. But now I'm back and full of creative energy.
I got rather bored while I recovered and started all kinds of little crafty projects to keep myself occupied.

Here's a sneak peek to some of the things I've been up to. I'll do some more detailed blog posts on some of my new projects later on.

So here is what I have been doing the past week!

While stuck in bed I did some bead work......



 I made some looped bead necklaces from tiny coral and lapis lazuli beads. Very stylish for 1812! Plan to sell these at Jane Fest in July.

......and I made a bonnet......



Made this simple straw bonnet trimmed with ribbon and some fake flowers. Also for sale.

.....and some more jewelry......

Vintage Resin Cameos
 I have a favorite seller on ebay that I use for all may cameos. This person has literally thousands of cameos and settings in all sorts of styles and sizes in their ebay store and  at amazing prices. I have ordered from them several times and have always been impressed with the quality of their products. Plus they always ship super fast and add at least one more cameo as a present! My latest order included these pretty ladies above.

 ....and styled a fabulous 1790's hedgehog hair do wig !


 When coming home from the hospital after surgery I found a package waiting for me. It contained a wig I had ordered on ebay a month ago. It came all the way from china to arrive that day to make me happy. Well really I'm sure it was coincidence but it brightened my day anyway!  Alas I was not feeling so hot and  had to wait 5 days till I felt ready to tackle styling it. But I think it was worth the wait. Gotta love crazy 1790's big hair!
 So you see I have been quite busy despite my indisposition. So on with blogging and crafting an man do  have lot's to do!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning!

    Gracious, that surgery sounds like an unpleasant surprise but hope that the end result is all good.

    Saw your post on FB of that necklace and loved it. Bet it goes in a flash at the Jane A. Festival.

    LOVE that wig. LOVE it! Any chance you have time for a tutorial? Would love to know what sort of wig you started with and how you achieved it: the look you have is very specific and far different than the looser curls I have been able to make with false hairpieces.

    Very best and be well,

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie
    Actually a wig tutorial is already in the works! I'll post it in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete