Thursday, July 19, 2012

Jane Fest Progress Part II

Jane Fest is upon me! I leave for Kentucky tomorrow. All my dresses have been sewn, all bonnets trimmed all shoes decorated and all jewelry created. I have a couple of loose ends to tie up crafting wise and then it's time to pack.
Here's a sampling of the things I have made in the past 2 weeks.


Sari fabric Ballgown

Crossover ballgown made from a vintage silver and purple silk sari


Regency Riding habit shirt

Cotton Batiste habit shirt, made for a customer.I also made a neck ruff to go with this.


Stovepipe bonnet

 Blue silk covered bonnet with brown striped ribbon and brown ostrich feathers


Regency style shoes

Just added some decorative bows to these lovely shoes



Napoleon and the Empire of Fashion bonnet

Brown taffeta bonnet with multi colored ostrich feathers.

















Yellow Petticoat

Yellow cotton lawn petticoat to go under my open robe.

1790's Open Robe

Hand block printed cotton open robe with antique brass buckle.


Off the rack dress

Yellow with white polka dot cotton drawstring dress.

 Hair piece
I curled some synthetic hair for my 1790;s hair do!

Garment Bag
Cotton Garment Bag to hold all my pretty new dresses


Jewelry

Cameo bracelet, Coral Bracelet,Coral Neclklace an Lapis Lazuli Necklace

These are just my big projects, I've kept busy with a million little tasks sewing a button on here and fixing a hem there. In all this I even took some time for a little re enactment . I went to the Whiskey rebellion weekend at Woodville plantation and helped out there.

I got to churn some butter! 

freshly churned butter!

Princes Charlotte and I in front of Woodville.


I'm quite exhausted now and look forward to a nice little sewing break after Jane Fest.But first I need to get through  this weekend with temperatures in the 90's it will be a killer sitting outside as a vendor. Remind me again why do i do this?



1 comment:

  1. Have a great time Julia! :-) I can't wait to hear how it went when you get back.

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete